Thursday, April 29, 2010

That's What I Like About This Place...

About a half hour ago, Sidney, one of my co-workers here, knocks on my door. "I'm bored, you want to go for a walk?" I'm still on Idaho time, so it's early still for me as well. We head out the hotel, making sure to tell the desk woman that we are going for a walk, you know, just "in case". We decided to go a different way than we have been, taking a left a few blocks down. We ended up on one of the major streets. It's just fun seeing all the different people walking around. It's always busy, anytime I've been out, it's the always humming with people. One of the nuisances of walking around though, is being approached by people, usually young attractive females, wanting you to go into their bar or "clothing optional" clubs. Sidney, who has been here before, told me they are usually scams that get you into the club then basically make you pay a HUGE cover fee upon entering the bar. If you don't pay, the bouncers get involved. Yeah, you get the picture....

Anyway, we start following the major road which leads into a more upscale area. It's beaming with younger Argentinians, shops, pubs, nice restaurants, and it's hopping. Seen a couple Irish Pubs, people hanging out on the patio of what looked to be a sports bar type of thing, all kinds of activity going on. It's something we are going to keep in mind for eating and grabbing a drink or two.

I got totally turned around though, I would have gotten lost if I was by myself. The route we took was basically a big triangle, and we wondered onto the street our hotel was on by accident. I would have doubled back and led me totally the wrong way.

Anyway, after a night that I was feeling somewhat lonely, isolated and a bit homesick, going for a half hour walk and just soaking a quick shot of the Argentine night life helped a lot. It's the reason I agreed to go on this business trip, to experience things that I have never been able to experience or might not ever get the chance too again...

And yes, I need to take more pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment